- (1 lb.) Breakfast Sausage
- (1-2 Tbsp) Butter
- (1) Apple, cored and diced
- (1/2) Sweet Onion, diced
- (1/2 Tsp or to taste) Sea Salt
- (1/2 Tsp) Ground Cinnamon
- (1/2 Tsp or to taste) Black Pepper
- (A pinch) Ground Nutmeg
- (1/4 Tsp) Paprika
- (2 Cups) Sweet Potato, diced and cooked firm
- (5 oz.) Fresh Spinach
- (4) Green Onions, diced
- (1/3 Cup) Raw Pecans, toasted and chopped
- (optional) Chicken Eggs - Dozen
Brown pork sausage in a large skillet over medium heat.
If needed, add 1 tablespoon of butter to the skillet and melt. Add the apple, sweet onion, and salt. Stir occasionally until the apple and onion are golden and tender, 7-10 minutes, and sausage is browned.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the cinnamon, pepper, nutmeg, and paprika.
Push the apple-sausage mixture to the side of the skillet and add the remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Heat for 1 minute, then blend in the spice mixture. When the spices are fragrant, after about 30 seconds, add the sweet potatoes. Add spinach and stir to combine.
Continue cooking for approximately 5 minutes until all ingredients are browned and heated through.
Add the green onions and pecans and toss to combine. Serve with optional prepared egg over top.