- (1 cup) Ditalini Pasta
- (2 Tablespoons, divided) Olive Oil
- (1 pound) Italian Sausage
- (3 cloves, minced) Garlic
- (1 medium, diced) Onion
- (3, peeled and diced) Carrots
- (2 stalks, diced) Celery
- (3 cups) Nourishing Chicken Bone Broth
- (1 can (16 oz.)) Tomato Sauce
- (1 can (15 oz.)) Diced Tomatoes
- (1 teaspoon) Dried Basil
- (1 teaspoon) Dried Oregano
- (3/4 teaspoon) Dried Thyme
- (To taste) Salt
- (To taste) Black Pepper
- (1 can (15 oz), drained and rinsed) Red Kidney Beans
- (1 can (15 oz), drained and rinsed) Great Northern Beans
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain and set aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add Italian sausage to the skillet and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the sausage as it cooks.
Add remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the stockpot. Stir in garlic, onions, carrots, and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
Whisk in chicken broth, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, basil, oregano, thyme, Italian sausage, and 1 cup water; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, until vegetables are tender, about 10-15 minutes.
Stir in pasta and beans until heated through. Serve immediately.