- (1 package) Bacon - Smoked and Cured
- (1 package) Italian Sausage
- (1) Onion, diced
- (3 cloves) Garlic, minced
- (4-6) Russet potatoes, skin-on, halved and sliced
- (1/2 teaspoon) Sea Salt
- (1/2 teaspoon) Black Pepper
- (1/4 teaspoon) Crushed red pepper flakes
- (2 cups) Kale, chopped
- (1/2 cup) Heavy Cream
- (garnish) Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- (3 Cups) Nourishing Chicken Bone Broth
Cook 1 package of Honeysuckle Farm bacon until crispy using medium to high heat. Remove bacon and set aside on a paper towel to drain and cool
While bacon is cooking, add 1 package of Honeysuckle Farm Italian Sausage in a dutch oven with onion and brown. Add bacon grease to sausage and onion once bacon is removed from pan.
Add garlic and cook until fragrant (2 min), then add 3 cups of homemade chicken stock, potatoes, black pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, and salt. Cover and simmer for 15, or until potatoes are tender.
Add the kale and simmer for another 4 min, until it is slightly wilted. Remove from heat and stir in the heavy cream. Chop the cooled bacon into bits. Serve soup into bowls and top with bacon bits and cheese.